DOVER - The last of four suspects to plead guilty in a brutal Rochester home invasion from two years ago was sentenced earlier this week after he opted for a plea deal midway through his jury trial in Strafford County Superior Court.
Cedric Ross, 36, waited till after the prosecution had called three witnesses before agreeing to the deal, a 7½-15 year prison term, all suspended for 10 years on time served, about 740 days.
Ross, who underwent a competency hearing earlier this year, will also be on probation for three years.
Assistant County Attorney Katelyn Henmueller said today that she was pleased with the outcome of the case, which included three fully negotiated plea deals and one capped plea.
In October, Robbie Jablonski, of 18 King St., Rochester, was also released on time served, some 245 days, with the rest of his 2-4 year sentence suspended for two years.
Ryan Tiberio, 22, of 9 Western Ave., Apt. 4, Dover, pleaded guilty in September 2016 to three felony charges, one of which was connected to the brutal Nov. 17 home invasion and armed robbery at 19A Academy St.
He was sentenced to 2-5 years in a New Hampshire prison.
Tiberio also pleaded guilty to two felony charges not related to the home invasion: unarmed robbery and drug possession charges stemming from a January 2016 arrest.
He received a 2-5 year sentence on a conspiracy to commit robbery charge connected to the home invasion, a 2-5 years suspended sentence on the January robbery charge and a 1-3 year suspended sentence on the drug charge.
And in February Giovanni Monroe, 36, of 15 Royal Crest Mobile Home Park, was sentenced to a maximum prison term of eight years.
Court documents in the case state that Monroe brandished a gun and held box cutters to a victim's throat in an attempt to steal drugs the four thought were in the Academy Street apartment.
Jablonski was charged with armed robbery for allegedly brandishing a gun during the home invasion; robbery for allegedly using a box cutter in commission of the crime and falsifying physical evidence for allegedly flushing drugs down a toilet and hiding drug paraphernalia. He had faced up to 42 years in prison if convicted on all charges.
Police said they responded to the incident around 9:10 p.m. on Nov. 17 and learned that three males entered the residence, ordered the five people inside to the floor and took an undisclosed amount of money.
Based upon a brief investigation detectives went to the Riviera Motel where they conducted a search warrant on a room as part of the investigation and recovered evidence leading to the arrests.
No one at the Academy St. residence was arrested as a result of the home invasion investigation.