NEW HAMPSHIRE AND MAINE’S FASTEST GROWING ONLINE NEWSPAPER

Rochester restaurant worker arrested in knife attack

Comment Print
Related Articles
Mason Conway (Rochester Police photo)

ROCHESTER - A Rochester man working his Tuesday shift at a North Main Street fast food eatery got into a confrontation with a man in the counter area of the restaurant, cutting him with a knife three times, police say.

The incident unfolded around 9:25 p.m. when police say the suspect heard that a man with whom he had been having words with all day was said to be in the front of the Burger King located at 250 North Main St.

Police say, Mason Conway, 26, of 22 Mcduffee St., who was cleaning in the back of the restaurant, grabbed a knife and went out front to confront the victim.

Conway is alleged to have "flailed his arm" while holding the knife, cutting the victim in the hand, forearm and leg, the most serious wound being on his hand, which required stitches at a local hospital, Rochester Police Capt. Jason Thomas said today.

Conway was charged with three counts of second degree assault with a deadly weapon and bodily injury, all Class B felonies that carry up to a seven-year prison stay.

A manager at Burger King said they would have no comment on the incident.

Conway was bailed on personal recognizance and faces an arraignment date of Feb. 21.

Read more from:
Top Stories
Tags:
None
Share:
Comment Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: