With the Boston Marathon being run today, WalletHub recently released its 2018 Boston Marathon Facts and factoid report, which includes an infographic filled with factoids and a Q&A with leading sports business experts.
Some of the highlights include:
- $201 Million - Estimated economic impact of the 2018 Boston Marathon.
- $297 Million - Has been raised for Boston Marathon charities since 1986.
- 1.06 Gallons - Of fuel is saved by running a marathon instead of covering the distance in a car.
- 2,600 Calories - Burned in the average marathon, a bit more than in a 14-inch cheese pizza.
- 5,062 - Qualified Boston Marathon applicants were rejected due to the field being capped at 30,000.
- 50+ - Crashers manage to run the entire Boston Marathon each year.
For WalletHub's complete Boston Marathon Facts: Records, Money & More report, visit: