The Rochester Voice is partnering with Frisbie Memorial Hospital and Portsmouth Regional Hospital to support frontline health care workers by urging Rochester area residents to keep their holiday lights on through January to show your support for our heroes on the frontlines of the pandemic.
Our healthcare heroes have been fighting this virus for nine months with doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, aids, and support staff all risking their own health to give patients the care they need and deserve.
They are weary from the physical and emotional toll of what they see every day, but you can lift their spirits when they drive by your residence and see your holiday lights still on.
Health care and hospital workers put in long shifts, so keep them on all night.
The few dollars it may cost will pay dividends tenfold to a weary nurse returning home around midnight after a 12-hour shift.
We want them to see the support and gratitude from our communities and our colleagues. That's why HCA New Hampshire market - comprised of Frisbie Memorial Hospital, Parkland Medical Center, and Portsmouth Regional Hospital - will launch a campaign this week called "Keep Your Lights Up for Healthcare Heroes."
Here's what you can do to get this message through.
1) Delay taking down your holiday lights until Jan. 31.
2) Help spread this message.
3) Share photos of your neighborhood or your own home "Keep Your Lights Up for HealthcareHeroes" to your social media accounts with the hashtag #LightsUp4Heroes and a tag to your local healthcare facility.
4) If you know one personally, thank your healthcare heroes for all they are doing to end this pandemic and treat those who are fighting this virus in our hospitals, doctors offices, and at home.
5) And please send a message of support to our HCA New Hampshire market hospital staff at one of our social media pages for: Frisbie Memorial Hospital,Parkland Medical Center, or Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Share photos of your home, business, or neighborhood with the hashtag #LightsUp4Heroes and a tag us so we can show our heroes you care!"
The Rochester Voice is proud to partner in this campaign to support our health care heroes and will donate ad space to the cause. Please be a part of it.