CONCORD - Self employed businesses in the state who have suffered financial hardship due to COVID-19 have until 4 p.m. today to apply for a grant, Gov. Sununu said during a news conference on Thursday.
He said so far some 7,000 companies had applied for the CARES ACT funding. The application process is designed to be as minimal as possible and can be found at revenue.nh.gov.
Meanwhile, DHHS announced 27 new positive test results for COVID-19 on Thursday, but the good news was that there were no new hospitalizations, bringing the total number of those currently hospitalized down to a new low of 22.
One of the new cases was from Strafford County, while two were minors.
DHHS also announced one additional death related to COVID-19, a female resident of Merrimack County 60 or older.
The governor also announced grants would be available for colleges and students who are preparing for the next academic year.
The University System of New Hampshire is earmarked $19 million in additional funds to help it get ready for returning students.
He also announced a $6 million grant to help students with the cost of tuition.
Meanwhile, another program to help businesses financially hit by the pandemic will begin on Tuesday when the Business Finance Authority starts taking applications for companies that didn't qualify for other CARES ACT funding. The $30 million program will be open through Aug. 4.