Former Nute student hit with more charges in school lockdown incident

Comment Print
Related Articles
Guerdon Zerbinopoulos (Milton Police photo)

MILTON - The Milton teenager arrested on Tuesday in an incident that forced a school lockdown at Nute High and Library was hit with additional charges on Thursday that could land him in state prison with heavy sentences.

Milton Police arrested Guerdon Zerbinopoulos, 18, of Milton Mills, for the second time this week around 1 p.m., charging him with three counts of criminal threatening, domestic violence-criminal threatening, and reckless conduct.

The criminal threatening and domestic violence charges are Class A misdemeanors that have sentence enhancers because they occurred in a school zone allowing for 2-5 years in prison each.

The reckless conduct charge is a Class B felony, which carries a three and a half to seven year sentence.

After the Tuesday incident in which Zerbinopoulos refused to leave school grounds and revved his car in the back parking lot he was charged with criminal trespass (Class A misdemeanor) and disorderly conduct (Class B misdemeanor).

Guerdon was held Thursday on $2,500 cash bail and transported to Strafford County Jail, but made bail several hours later.

He will be arraigned on the new charges on March 20 at 12:30 p.m. at the Strafford County Superior Court in Dover.

The Tuesday incident began when Zerbinopoulos, who had previously dropped out of school at Nute, entered the building and was allowed access to the main office, but refused to leave and entered a hallway of the school. After being ordered to leave by administrators he finally ran out of the building after a student and was locked out, police say. He then proceeded to hit the outside of the building with his hands and feet, then got in his car, revved the engine and drove toward the building's pillars but did not strike them," police said.

A second lockdown was forced on Wednesday when a student thought they saw the troubled teen drive into the school parking lot. A search of the grounds and building by police found nothing suspicious and a later review of surveillance video showed Zerbinopoulos had never entered the parking lot.

Read more from:
Top Stories
Comment Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: