FRANKLIN - The Franklin man killed in a propane explosion on New Year's Eve has been identified as 44-year old Nathaniel Krauz.
Responders were alerted to the explosion around 11:25 a.m., and found Krauz' body inside the residence, which was absent any fire or smoke.
An autopsy performed on Saturday found that the cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma and the manner of death was accidental.
The cause of the explosion was misuse of a propane tank, according to safety officials. State Fire Marshal Sean Toomey took the opportunity to remind everyone to use fuel containers only in their intended manner.