Manchester man killed by police during confrontation after DV incident

Comment     Print
Related Articles
Crime tape in the area of where shooting occurred in Manchester (WCVB screen capture)

MANCHESTER - Police fatally shot a Manchester man during a confrontation that followed what appeared to be a domestic violence incident early today.
Manchester and State Police responded to a Manchester Rite Aid around 12:20 a.m. for a 911 call reporting a domestic violence assault in a parking lot near 270 Mammoth Road.
Manchester Police officers were the first to arrive on scene and were directed to a parked, gray Toyota RAV4.
An injured adult female was located walking away from the vehicle, where police began a dialogue with an armed adult male subject who was still in the car and refused to submit to arrest. The standoff lasted until around 2:05 a.m. when Adnan Husejnovic, 33, of Manchester, was fatally shot, according to a press release from the Attorney Generals office sent this afternoon.
Initial information indicates that six officers discharged their weapons during the incident: four Manchester Police officers, and two New Hampshire state troopers.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday at 9 a.m. to determine Husejnovic's cause and manner of death.
No law enforcement officers or other private citizens were physically injured during the shooting incident. Pursuant to protocol, the names of the officers involved in the incident are being withheld pending the conclusion of a formal interview. The initial responding officers did have body cameras. Investigators will be reviewing whether those cameras, as well as cruiser cameras or other video or audio, recorded any portion of the incident.

Read more from:
Comment      Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: