Mobile home destroyed in blaze, but pet dog, turtle OK

Comment Print
Related Articles
Lucy is brought safely out of the home by a firefighter Saturday afternoon. (Erin Thomas photo)

LEBANON - A Lebanon family is homeless, but thankfully their dog, Lucy, was rescued and is OK after fire swept through a River Road mobile home Saturday afternoon.

Lebanon Fire and Rescue responded to the call around 3 p.m. only to find the family's mobile home at 323 River Road fully involved.

The family was not at home at the time, but firefighters located Lucy and a pet turtle inside and brought them out safely. The dog remained at a Rochester veterinary hospital overnight for observation, according to Lebanon Fire and EMS' Facebook Page.

Fire trucks line River Road during Saturday's fire that destroyed a mobile home. (Deborah Dorey Wilson photo)

The Red Cross is assisting the family of four, who were renting the home at the time and had no insurance.

Lebanon Fire and EMS has set up a collection to help the family. Anyone who would like to help out is asked to drop off donations of money and clothing at Central Station at 3 Upper Cross Road. The couple has two children a 1-year-old girl, sizes 12-18 -months; and a 7-year-old boy, sizes 8-10.

Saturday's fire marked the second major structure fire in Lebanon in just four days.

On Wednesday, a Grey Birch Lane home was heavily damaged by a fire thought caused due to cooking issues. In that fire, an elderly woman was rescued, but her dog perished.

Read more from:
Top Stories
Comment Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: