June is National Safety Month. With the U.S. devastated by the coronavirus pandemic this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020's Safest States in America, which includes New Hampshire near the top at No. 8.
In order to determine the most secure states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 53 key metrics. The data set ranges from the state's coronavirus support to assaults per capita and the unemployment rate.
Safety in New Hampshire (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 3rd - Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 2nd - Assaults per Capita
- 8th - Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 19th - Job Security
- 13th - Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 21st - Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 18th - Sex Offenders per Capita
- 13th - Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit: