With May being Military Appreciation Month and significant military pension changes having taken effect last year, the personal-finance website and survey outlet WalletHub on Monday released its report on 2019's Best and Worst States for Military Retirees as well as its Memorial Day Facts infographic.
To help our troops plan their years after service, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 29 key indicators of retirement-friendliness toward veterans. The data set ranges from job opportunities for veterans to housing affordability to quality of VA hospitals.
Military Retirement in New Hampshire (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 5th - Veterans per Capita
- 28th - % of Homeless Veterans
- 19th - Veteran Job Opportunities
- 28th - Housing Affordability
- 4th - % of Veteran-Owned Businesses
- 22nd - Number of VA Benefits-Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-for-military-retirees/3915/
Memorial Day 2019 Facts:
- 96 - Number of members in the 116th Congress who have served in the U.S. military.
- 25 - Number of American cities that have claimed to be the birthplace of Memorial Day.
- 818 - Number of hot dogs consumed every second from Memorial Day to Labor Day (seven billion total).
- 20 to 80 Percent Off - Discounts shoppers can expect during Memorial Day weekend sales.
- $139+ Million - Estimated value of items that will be lost this Memorial Day weekend.
To view the full infographic, please visit: https://wallethub.com/blog/memorial-day-facts/21363/