Police continue probe into hit-run that led to chase, arrest of Connecticut man

Comment Print
Related Articles
State Police and Rockingham Sheriffs deputies gather before entering woods in search of a Connecticut man who led police on a high speed chase through several towns on Tuesday; inset, Michael J. Delucco . (Jeffrey Hastings photo; Delucco/NHSP)

ROCHESTER - Rochester Police today are continuing their investigation into a Tuesday hit-and-run that led to a wild police chase that began in Lee and ended with a Connecticut man's capture in Hooksett where he was corralled by a State Police K9 unit.
Rochester Police were not involved in the pursuit as they were advised of the hit-and-run after it occurred, Rochester Police Lt. Elizabeth Turner told The Voice on Thursday.
The owner of the vehicle that was hit contacted Rochester Police around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, but the exact time of the incident was unavailable as the report has not been updated, Turner added. The crash was reported on North Main Street in the area of the Cumberland Farms across from the Home Depot.
The suspect vehicle in the hit-and-run later turned up in Lee where police attempted a vehicle stop before it fled the scene. Meanwhile, State Police had received a BOLO and began efforts to track down the driver.
Minutes later, Trooper Matthew Dushame observed the vehicle from the BOLO, a black 2000 Mercedes ML320, traveling south on Route 125 in Epping. He attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver continued at a high rate of speed and exhibited erratic operation, eventually going onto Route 101 westbound and Interstate 93 northbound.
The pursuit ultimately ended on the campus of Southern New Hampshire University in Hooksett when the driver of the Mercedes reached a dead-end road, got out of the car and ran into a wooded area.
Troopers established a perimeter and began searching for the suspect with the assistance of the State Police Canine Unit and State Police UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) Unit. During the ongoing search, SNHU notified campus community members of the police activity and issued a shelter-in-place alert.
Around 8 p.m., Troopers located the suspect in a wooded area next to East Side Drive in Hooksett and deployed a K9 unit, which led to the man's capture.
The suspect was identified as Michael J. Delucco, 23, of Cromwell, Conn. He was charged with felony reckless conduct and misdemeanor charges of disobeying an officer, aggravated driving under the influence of drugs, driving under the influence of drugs - second offense, operating after suspension - DUI conviction, resisting arrest or detention, and disorderly conduct. He also received a civil violation for reckless operation.
Charges may be forthcoming from Rochester Police in the Rochester incident as well.
Following processing, Delucco was held in preventative detention at the Rockingham County House of Corrections where he remains today, jail personnel said.
All aspects of the incident remain under investigation by Trooper Matthew Dushame. Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to contact Trooper Dushame via email at Matthew.T.Dushame@DOS.NH.GOV.
Anyone with information on the Rochester incident should call Rochester Police at 603.330.7127.

Read more from:
Comment Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: