Each year, the average American household spends $2,197 on real-estate property taxes plus another $436 for residents of the 27 states with vehicle property taxes. With such high costs, it's no surprise that more than $14 billion in property taxes go unpaid each year, according to the National Tax Lien Association.
In order to determine who pays the most relative to their state, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its 2018 Property Taxes by Statereport, which compares home and vehicle taxes across the nation and features insights from a panel of experts.
Some of the interesting statistics revealed the following for New Hampshire:
- Real-Estate Property Tax Rank: 49th
- Vehicle Property Tax Rank: 41st
- Real-Estate Tax on Median State Home Value: $5,241
- Real-Estate Tax on Median U.S. Home Value: $4,038
- Vehicle Property Tax on Best-Selling Car: $432
For the full report, please visit: