CONCORD - A Rochester man arrested last August after police were called to a gun incident on Lafayette Street pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court to unlawfully possessing a firearm, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced.
The Aug. 3 incident unfolded around 3 p.m. when Rochester Police were called to the scene by a witness who said they heard a group of individuals talking about beating someone up and noticed one was holding the weapon.
Upon arrival they found a male fitting the description given by the caller. It was Remy Martin Lopez, 35.
"The male noticed police and began walking away," Rochester Police Capt. Todd Pinkham said a day after the arrest. "Police then noticed the male was wearing a holster, and he was ordered to stop."
Pinkham said the male continued walking away and tried to flee inside a residence, but police quickly caught up with him and he was soon detained.
Lopez, who is a convicted felon in the state of Florida, was also found to be wearing body armor and in possession of a firearm reported stolen earlier in the week. Because he is a convicted felon, he is prohibited from possessing firearms.
Lopez is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 9.