Woman rescued, but dog dies in Lebanon house blaze

Comment     Print
Related Articles
The fire did severe damage to the home second floor. (Lebanon Fire and EMS photo)

LEBANON - An elderly woman was rescued from her burning Grey Birch Lane home on Wednesday; sadly, her dog was not so fortunate, succumbing to heavy smoke exposure.

The fire was called in to Lebanon Fire and Rescue around 10:20 a.m. for a structure fire at 62 Grey Birch Lane, according to the department's Facebook page.

When firefighters first arrived at the house - about two-thirds of a mile from the fire station on Upper Cross Road - they found the woman and helped her to a neighbor's house while they helped battle the blaze.

Red mark shows approximate locale of fire. (Staff graphic)

Crews were able to locate the family pet, who was in a second-floor kennel and unresponsive when they arrived. The pet was given oxygen and CPR in hopes of reviving it, but attempts were all in vain.

Officials say the fire appeared to have started in the kitchen due to cooking.

No other injuries were reported.

Mutual aid was provided by Sanford, Acton, Alfred, Berwick, North Berwick, South Berwick, Milton, Barrington, the Somersworth Mutual Aid Air Van and Shapleigh, which covered the Lebanon Station.

The last units cleared the scene at approximately 2:30 p.m.

Read more from:
Comment      Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: